Welcome to 2022! We are now roughly six weeks in and I thought I would welcome the new year by providing you with a video recording of a workshop I ran last year in April (I always seem to be a little late to the party on this blog!).
In this video I discuss:
1. Things to consider about note-taking
2. The Cornell Method
3. The Index card method/Zettelkasten
4. Literature review matrix
Here are the main considerations you should know prior to choosing a note taking method:
– Choose a method and stick with it
– Reflect on what has worked in the past (or not worked!)
– Your notes are information about a source that you will use to write your chapters and good note taking makes this process easier
– Avoid plagiarism by writing summaries rather than direct quotes
– It doesn’t matter which method you choose, as long as you are thinking critically about the references
How do you take notes? Leave me a comment below!